Tuesday 2 February 2016

January Favourites:

In this blog post I will be discussing all of my favourite beauty products of January, including a bit about why I love them so much, I hope you enjoy!
My January Favourites 


Charlotte Tilbury 'Mesmerising eyes' palette in 'The Dolce Vita' 
I discovered Charlotte Tilbury's makeup range just a couple of months ago and have since fallen in love. If you are yet to test out this range I would very much recommend doing so! I got this palette as a present for Christmas and have recetnly been loving it, I love how you can easily create a range of different looks: from a subtle day time to a dramatic going out look. I feel the colours in this palette help make my eyes pop, especially as my eyes are green but am sure it would suit many other colours too.

Nars blush in 'orgasm' and Real Techniques blush brush
I have been wanting to try this blush for a while now, knowing it has been a beauty cult for a long time. I am so glad I finally tried it out as I am already in love! I am also loving the Real Techniques brushes at the moment and find this one works especially well with this blush.

Chanel 'soleil tan de Chanel' bronzing mouse  
This is one of those products that I remember loving and then recently decided to pick it up again to try it out. I am still in love with it and find it gives the perfect bronze glow which is necessary for my dull winter skin! I often apply this under my powder bronzer or on its own for a more subtle look.
Charlotte Tilbury 'Filmstar bronze and glow' contour kit
Another Charlotte Tilbury product I am obsessed with is the 'Filmstar bronze and glow'. This product is great to contour with and really does give off a lovely glow once applied.

Hourglass 'Ambient Lighting Edit' 
As you may be able to tell already, I am kind of obsessed with my bronzers and highlights and this is a product that I had my eye on for a while and was fortunate enough to get for Christmas. Yes it is more on the pricey side thus I wouldn't recommend getting this if you are just starting off with makeup. But otherwise if you are prepared to splash out a little I believe it is well worth the price as it really does give off a flawless and glowy appearance! It includes the labels best selling powders and is great for any lighting, including flash, it also works well on every skin tone!
Collection 2000 'Lasting Perfection concealer'
I have been loving this concealer (and especially the price tag), it offers a great build able coverage and does last all day! I think that it is great value for money and is definitely worth trying out if you are on the hunt for a good concealer. 

Concealer in 'Fair 1'
I have got the shade 'Fair 1' and do like this shade as I like to use it to highlight under my eyes. The only problem that I would mention with this concealer is that they do not have a great range of colours and I think this is something they could improve on.

Maybelline 'Lash sensational' mascara
Maybelline has always been one of my favourite brands for mascara and this one is definitely up there with the top. I love the way it lengthens my lashes as well as gives it that desirable and much needed curl.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Highlight
After seeing this product being hyped over the internet for a while I was desperate to try it out. However, it is hard to access this brand in England as there are only limited online sellers. Although I managed to track it down on the ever so trusty Amazon. It may have been slightly over priced, but I really am in love with it. It gives the most amazing glow which I am obsessed with. However if you want a UK dupe I would recommend The Balm's 'Mary Lou Manizer'.

ABH highlight in shade 'So Hollywood'
This is probably the most popular shade and if you are considering getting one of these highlights, then I would definitely recommend this colour.

Mac 'Studio fix powder foundation' NW20
I have never really been a massive fan of powder foundation and in the past normally opt for cream, but since trying this one I am now converted. On a day to day basis I use this on its own and feel it gives an amazing coverage without looking cakey, another bonus is that you can barely feel it when its on! I also sometimes use it on top of my cream foundations if I am going out at night and want a more flawless, full coverage look and personally think it also works really well this way.




NYX 'dewy finish setting spray'
I apply this product once I have finished my makeup and it helps keeping everything in tact throughout the day.
Thank you for reading my blog post, I hope you enjoyed and love the products as much as I do if you end up trying any out.

Let me know in the comments what you have been loving recently and whether you have tried any of these products out!

Please do follow me for more updates and also follow me on Instagram (@fortheloveofbeautyxox) for more! 












Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© For The Love Of Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig