Tuesday 1 March 2016

Selena Gomez Inspired Smokey Eye!

I have been wanting to do a smokey eye tutorial for a while now as I feel it is a classic look that suits everyone. Once I saw this picture of Selena Gomez looking amazing with a smokey eye I decided to do an inspired makeup tutorial.

I know this does not look exactly identical to Selena's, but that is why it is just an inspired look, it is my interpretation of it.

Pictures of all the products are featured below.

I hope you enjoy!



 Step by step guide on this tutorial:

1) I started of by priming my skin with The Body Shops 'Insta Blur' primer I love this product as it has a really nice texture plus makes your makeup last a lot longer!

2) Then I went in with my foundation and used the Makeup Forever HD Foundation. I love this as it always gives me a flawless effect, lasts all day and looks great in photos! 

3) I then went to use my MAC Studio Finish concealer to cover any other spots/blemishes that my Foundation didn't cover. ( For this look I don't use my under eye concealer until later as I find there is a lot of fall out with such dark eye shadow colours).

3) I then used my Charlotte Tilbury powder over the top to set my makeup.

4) After this I began to contour with my Anastasia Beverly Hills contour kit. Using the lighter shades for under my eyes, along my nose, chin and forehead. Then the darker shades under my cheekbones, along my jawline, and the outer part of my forehead. 

5) For highlight I put the Nars Illuminator on in Copacabana and then used Mary Lou-Manizer over the top. 

6) Next, I used Nars blush in 'Orgasm' on my cheekbones.

7) I then went onto my brows and used the Benefit 'Brow-zing', beginning with the brow gel and then over the top with thee powder to make it stay on for longer. 

8) After this I used the Benefit 'gimme brow' gel to set the products and shape my brows.

9) Then I began with my eye make up where I mainly used the Urban Decay Smokey Eye palette. I began with some lighter shades, which were: 'Thirteen' and then 'Combust', applying these all over my lid. 

10) After this I began to darker it up adding the shade'Password' to the base and blending 'Whisky' out into the crease. 

11) Then I applied 'Smolder' on the base and put 'Black Market' on the outer corner of my eye and blending it into the crease. 

12) On top of this I used 'Dagger' over the crease and 'Slanted' and 'Armour' in the on my base. I also used the colour 'High' as a highlight under the brow bone. 

13) I also used MAC'S Carbon to deepen up the crease and make it look more dramatic, adding more depth as this is a really pigmented matte black colour.

14) This step is not necessary but I used the 'Revolution Redemption eye shadow palette iconic 2'. From this palette I used the two shimmery grey colours on my lid to slightly open up my eyes. I would recommend this palette if you are on a budget, although it does not have all of the same colours as the Smokey palette I would say it is fairly similar and has good pigmentation.

15) Then I wiped away any fall out under my eyes and applied my Nars creamy concealer.

16) I then put a coat of mascara on using Maybelline's 'Lash Sensational' and then applied my Eyelure dramatic lashes N0 205.

16) Finally, I applied Chanel's lipstick in 'Rouge Allure' but I would say any pale pink colour would do!

Tips:

- I would say the key for a dramatic smokey eye like this is to make sure you gradually build up the colours and use a very pigmented matte black in the crease to make it extra bold!

- Another tip when recreating this look is to beware of the fall out from the dark eyeshadows! When I did this looks I had a lot of black pigment under my eyes, therefore I would recommend not putting any concealer on until you have finished with the eye look. 

- For this look you can either choose to add a dark black eyeshadow just under your waterline to make it look even more dramatic and take the black eye shadow out further by blending it out more like Selena has. I decided not to do this as I was happy with how it looked already and by not having back near the water line it helps to make your eyes appear wider which I like.

-Finally, my biggest tip would be to blend! Make sure you always blend everything in, even if it may take a little bit of time, it is worth it and will give you the best results!









Products mentioned/used:

An overview of all the products used





Please do let me know what you thought of this look and whether you would like me to do anything else similar, if you have any suggestions of other looks I could do that would be great!

Let me know which Celebrity's makeup you always tend to like.

Please so share if you enjoyed and follow my Blog on Google and/or Bloglovin to keep up date with future posts!

Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© For The Love Of Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig